The beauty of the general Econ Minor program is in its flexibility! If you would like to focus on a given discipline in economics, you can easily do that. The courses we offer can help you specialize in sub-disciplines like Development Economics, Environmental and Energy Economics, Capital Market and Financing, International/Trade, Health Economics and the list goes on! To explore the full range of courses offered, please visit Georgia Tech Econ Course Catalogue.
The minor requires a minimum of fifteen semester hours in Economics of which:
- Nine semester hours must be advanced upper-level courses (numbered 3000 or above),
- Nine semester hours must be taken at Georgia Tech,
- All courses counting toward the minor must be taken on a letter-grade basis and must be completed with an overall grade point average of at least 2.0.
- The course catalog provides full Economics minor degree requirements.
**Please note that courses used in any minor at Georgia Tech may NOT be used to fulfill Areas A-E requirements and courses required by name and number in a student's major degree program may not be used toward the minor. A student may have no more than two minors.
Then all you need to do is complete the following steps!
- Select and register for your Econ courses!
- Download the "Add a Minor" form (https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/change-minor-form). For the general Econ Minor, please indicate "Economics" in the Minor field.
- Fill out the form and send it to Dr. Urmanbetova to sign (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once both minor and major advisors sign the form, your major advisor or you should submit the form to the Registrar's Office. In light of Covid-19, you can fill out the form electronically.
- Subscribe to Econ Minors to stay in touch with the ECON Community.
- Finally, when having completed all requirements, fill out the last form -- Approved Program of Study -- and submit to your Major advisor and Dr. Urmanbetova for signatures. The signed form must be submitted to the registrar along with your application to graduate.
Contact Dr. Aselia Urmanbetova.