The School of Economics offers a Minor in Economics for students in all disciplines at Georgia Tech. The minor program provides a foundation in economic analysis and decision-making that is especially valuable for students in engineering and the natural and physical sciences, as well as students considering graduate work in law, public policy, or business administration. It should also be attractive to students who wish to broaden their education and to better understand the forces that shape today's markets.
The minor requires a minimum of fifteen semester hours in Economics of which:
- Nine semester hours must be advanced upper-level courses (numbered 3000 or above),
- Nine of these semester hours must be taken at Georgia Tech,
- All courses counting toward the minor must be taken on a letter-grade basis and must be completed with an overall grade point average of at least 2.0.
- The course catalog provides full Economics minor degree requirements.
**Please note that courses used in any minor at Georgia Tech may NOT be used to fulfill Areas A-E requirements and courses required by name and number in a student's major degree program may not be used toward the minor. A student may have no more than two minors.
Interested? Then all you need to do is complete the following steps!
- Register for your classes!
- Download the "Add a Minor" form (https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/change-minor-form).
- You can fill out the pdf form electronically and email it to your academic advisor for your major so they can sign the form electronically and send it back to you. Please cc' Dr. Urmanbetova (email@example.com) on your email so she knows the process has been started.
- Once your major advisor signs the form, email it to Dr. Urmanbetova to sign. Once Dr. Urmanbetova returns the form to you, you should submit it to the registrar.