The beauty of the general economics minor program is in its flexibility!
If you would like to focus on a given discipline in economics, you can easily do that. The courses we offer can help you specialize in sub-disciplines like Development Economics, Environmental and Energy Economics, Capital Market and Financing, International/Trade, Health Economics, and the list goes on.
The economics minor provides exposure to the fundamental economic way of thinking and approaching a multitude of complex problems. The field of economics is highly interdisciplinary, making our minor program an excellent critical and analytical supplement to a variety of existing majors. The courses included in the minor allow students to diversify their analytical skill sets with practice in computation and data analysis, fundamental economic theory, and empirical methods. The economics minor provides excellent concrete data science skills directly applicable to pursuing careers in multiple sectors.
View the minor in economics requirements in the Georgia Tech Course Catalog.
Declare your minor in economics by following the steps below.
- Register for the ECON courses you want!
- Fill out the DocuSign Add a Minor Form, it will be automatically sent to your major and minor advisors. Once both minor and major advisors sign the form, the DocuSign form will be automatically submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- In the form, make sure to check "Add Minor" and if it is your first minor, in "Primary Minor" include the name of the minor (ECON). For the "Catalog Year" include the current year. Make sure to include the emails for both Major and Minor advisors.
- Subscribe to the ECON Minors email list to stay in touch with our awesome ECON Community.
- At the start of your last semester, fill out the last form for Approved Program of Study and submit it to Davis Palubeski (email@example.com) and your major advisor for signatures. The signed form must be submitted to the registrar along with your application to graduate.
Contact Davis Palubeski at firstname.lastname@example.org.