The Economics Club at Georgia Tech provides an active forum for the discussion of ideas related to economics and society outside of the classroom. Students of all majors at all levels at Georgia Institute of Technology are invited to be a member of this academic, social, and philanthropic organization – an interest in economics is all that is required!
Join and Stay Connected!
- For our current and past events, visit our official GT Econ Club website.
- To officially join the organization, please go to Engage @ Georgia Tech and search for “Economics Club”.
- You can also find us on our LinkedIn Group and LinkedIn Page.
- Don't miss out on getting to know your fellow ECON Yellow Jackets!
Omicron Delta Epsilon is an International Economics Honor Society accredited by the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS). The GT Chapter of ODE aims to provide students who want to pursue a graduate education or career in academia with research skills in the field of Economics and other related disciplines. To achieve this, members of the chapter will be exposed to three broad categories: projects, people, and perspectives (click here to learn more about GT ODE Mission).
If you are interested in learning more about research at the School of Economics while completing your degree, please connect with our ODE members. Even if it is too early for you to induct as an ODE member, we can tell you about current research projects at the SOE and how you can contribute.
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE)
Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world’s largest academic honor societies. The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are:
- to recognize scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics;
- to establish closer ties between students and faculty in economics within and among colleges and universities;
- to promote its official journal, The American Economist; and
- to sponsor panels at professional meetings such as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions.
Currently, the chapter at Georgia Tech has over 300 members, with 20-25 new members inducted annually. The school supports all PhD student applications, the first 8 UG and 4 MS student applications (per year) on the first-come-first-serve basis.
ODE members who are B.S. students majoring in ECON, EIA or GEML are eligible to apply for $1,000 in scholarship if you join two semesters prior to graduation or $500 scholarship if you join one semester prior to graduation, and if you are an active member of the GT Econ Club. The School covers the ODE lifetime membership fee ($40) for up to 12 students (B.S in ECON, EIA, or GEML and M.S. or Ph.D. in ECON) who apply at least one semester prior to graduation.
UNDERGRADUATE juniors or seniors or GRADUATE students of ANY major who:
- Meet eligibility requirements for extracurricular activities as stated in the Georgia Tech Catalog and SGA policies
- Have completed 12 hours of Economics coursework at Georgia Tech and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- SOE supports ODE application for all ECON Ph.D. students
Interested in learning more about GT Econ Club and/or ODE?
Contact our amazing student leaders and faculty advisors working with the Econ student organizations:
|Aselia Urmanbetova||Econ Club and ODE Faculty Advisor||School of Economics|
|Davis Palukeski||Econ Club Advisor||School of Economics|
|Apueela Wekulom||Econ Club President, ODE Recruitment Chair||B.S. in Economics and International Affairs|
|Shreyash Jha||Econ Club VP||B.S. in Economics|
|Alina Lee||Econ Club Executive Secretary||B.S. in Industrial Engineering|
|Bhairavi Chhiba||Econ Club ODE Liason and Outreach, ODE Exec||B.S. in Economics|
|Daksh Sharma||Econ Club VP Social Media Engagement||B.S. in Computer Science|
|Kamen Illiev||Econ Club VP Recruitment, ODE Exec||B.S. in Economics|
|Kendy Lopez||Econ Club and ODE VP Finance||B.S. in Economics|
|Nayab Mithwani||Econ Club VP Communications & Engagement||B.S. in Economics|
|Elizaveta Gonchar||ODE Exec, Events Chair||Ph.D. in Economics|
|Ethan Masters||ODE Exec, Undergraduate Liaison||B.S. in Computer Science|
|David Wilson||ODE Exec||Ph.D. in Economics|
|Emtiaz Hritan||ODE Exec||Ph.D. in Economics|
|Suneye Holmes||ODE Exec||Ph.D. in Economics|
|Anisha Singh||Econ Club Communications Officer and Faculty Advisor Assistant||B.S. in Aerospace Engineering|
|Maggie Xia||Econ Club Engagement Officer and Faculty Advisor Assistant||M.S. in Computational Finance|