Are You Thinking of a Minor in Economics, But Afraid There May Not Be Enough Time?
- Now you can earn it in just one summer, and even if you don't finish your minor in the summer, you will be most of the way there!
- A variety of electives are offered and almost all courses are offered online!
- Check out the list of courses offered this summer below. Online courses are designated as "SOUP" sections when you register (Summer Online Undergraduate Program).
What Are My Options?
- If you have never had an economics course, you can take:
- Early and Late Summer Session: ECON 2105 or ECON 2106, plus one 3000/4000-level elective.
- Late Summer Session: ECON 2105 or ECON 2106, plus two 3000/4000-level electives.If you took either 2105 or 2106, you could take all five electives offered in the summer. Or, take as many electives as you can this summer and then finish your minor during the regular academic year.
- If you took either 2105 or 2106 (true for Business Majors), you could take all five electives offered in the summer. Or, take as many electives as you can this summer and then finish your minor during the regular academic year.
- If you took ECON 2100 or ECON 2101:
- Choose four of the five electives offered this summer to complete the minor.
- Students with strong math backgrounds can take Mathematics of Economic Modeling (check with the instructor or with Dr. Urmanbetova).
- Note, any economics courses used to satisfy Core Area A-E cannot also count toward the minor in economics. See here for more details.
Then all you need to do is complete the following steps!
- Select and register for your Econ courses!
- Download the "Add a Minor" form (https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/change-minor-form). Please indicate "Economics" in the Minor field.
- Fill out the form and send it to Dr. Urmanbetova to sign (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once both minor and major advisors sign the form, your major advisor or you should submit the form to the Registrar's Office. In light of Covid-19, you can fill out the form electronically.
- Subscribe to Econ Minors to stay in touch with the ECON Community.
- Finally, when having completed all requirements, fill out the last form -- Approved Program of Study -- and submit to your Major advisor and Dr. Urmanbetova for signatures. The signed form must be submitted to the registrar along with your application to graduate.
Contact Dr. Aselia Urmanbetova.