Earn your minor in economics in just one summer!
Are you thinking of a minor in economics?
- Now you can earn it in just one summer, and even if you don't finish your minor in the summer, you will be most of the way there!
- A variety of electives are offered and almost all courses are offered online!
- Check out the list of courses offered this summer below. Online courses are designated as "SOUP" sections when you register (Summer Online Undergraduate Program).
What are my options?
- If you have never had an economics course, we suggest you take:
- Early Summer Session: ECON 2105 or ECON 2106 plus ECON 4412
- Late Summer Session: ECON 2105 or ECON 2106 plus ECON 4311 and ECON 4400.
- If you are a business major, ECON 2105 and 2106 are required for your major. Thus, you could take all five electives offered in the summer to complete your minor if you have already at least completed either 2105 or 2016. Or, take as many electives as you can this summer and then finish your minor during the regular academic year.
- If you have had ECON 2100 or ECON 2101, choose four of the five electives offered this summer to complete your minor. Students with strong math backgrounds can take Mathematics of Economic Modeling (check with the instructor or with Dr. Oliver (email address below)).
- If you have had ECON 2105 or ECON 2106, complete the principles sequence by taking either 2105 or 2106, and choose three of the five electives offered this summer to complete your minor. Students with strong math backgrounds can take Mathematics of Economic Modeling (check with the instructor or with Dr. Oliver (email address below).
- Note, any economics courses used to satisfy Core Area A-E cannot also count toward the minor in economics. See here for more details.
Interested? Then all you need to do is complete the following steps!
- Register for your classes!
- Download the "Add a Minor" form (https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/change-minor-form).
- You can fill out the pdf form electronically and email it to your academic advisor for your major so they can sign the form electronically and send it back to you. Please cc' Dr. Urmanbetova (firstname.lastname@example.org) on your email so she knows the process has been started.
- Once your major advisor signs the form, email it to Dr. Urmanbetova to sign. Once Dr. Urmanbetova returns the form to you, you should submit it to the registrar.