- have an economics background and need additional skills to prepare you for a career in consulting or the private sector
- want to gain necessary skills to pursue a doctoral program in Economics, Management, Law, or other related fields
- have an engineering background but would like to broaden your worldview through the prism of applied economics
- are already happy with your career, but want to deepen your analytical and quantitative skills
...then our program is for you!
The program provides rigorous training in theory and data analytics, as well as options to focus their coursework in a number of areas including:
- Business Economics: Global Enterprise, Managerial Economics, Cost-benefit Analysis, Corporate Strategy, Analysis & Pricing of Multinational Value Chains/Strategic Economics for Global Enterprise, Money & Capital Markets
- Econometrics and Data Analytics: Probability and Statistics, Econometrics, Empirical Economics Practicum I, II, III, Big data and public policy
- Topical Subject Areas: Health Economics, Health Data Analytics, Environmental and Energy Economics, Urban and Regional Economics, Economics of Strategy and Information
Review the course descriptions for planned Fall 2020 courses.
The program can be completed in as little as one calendar year (Fall, Spring, and Summer) or can be completed in several years as a part-time student within your own flexible time format.
Our faculty are known for cultivating productive scholarly relationships with their students, providing in-depth analytical training, and for their deep commitment to students' personal and professional success. Because of the relatively small size of our program, our students benefit from close guidance on how to view and solve complex problems of today. Many students choose to focus on health economics and conduct research in the Health Economics & Analytics Lab (HEAL).