The Economics Club at Georgia Tech provides an active forum for the discussion of ideas related to economics and society outside of the classroom. Students of all majors at Georgia Institute of Technology are invited to be a member of this academic, social, and philanthropic organization––an interest in economics is all that is required!
|Office / Position||Officer / Advisor|
|President, GT Econ Club||Ashwin Mahadevan|
|Executive VP and Secretary||Jacob Aquirre|
|VP of External Affairs|
|VP of Communications||Daksh Sharma|
|VP of Recruitment||Apueela Wekulom|
|VP of Social Engagement and Prof Dev||Kevin Donahoe|
|VP of Engagement||Maggie Xia|
|ODE GT Chapter President||Rupkatha Banergee|
|Faculty Advisor, GT Econ Club and ODE||Dr. Aselia Urmanbetova|
Join and Stay Connected!
- For our current and past events, visit with our official GT Econ Club website.
- To officially join the organization, please go to Engage @ Georgia Tech and search for “Economics Club”.
- You can also find us on LinkedIn Group and LinkedIn Page.
- Don't miss out on getting to know your fellow ECON Yellow Jackets!
Omicron Delta Epsilon is an International Economics Honor Society accredited by the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS). The GT Chapter of ODE aims to provide students who want to pursue a graduate education or career in academia with research skills in the field of Economics and other related disciplines. To achieve this, members of the chapter will be exposed to three broad categories: projects, people, and perspectives (click here to learn more about GT ODE Mission).
If you are interested in learning more about research at the School of Economics while completing your degree, please connect with our ODE members. Even if it is too early for you to induct as an ODE member, we can tell you about current research projects at the SOE and how you can contribute.
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE)
Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world’s largest academic honor societies. The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are:
- to recognize scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics;
- to establish closer ties between students and faculty in economics within and among colleges and universities;
- to promote its official journal, The American Economist; and
- to sponsor panels at professional meetings such as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions.
Currently, the chapter at Georgia Tech has nearly 200 members, with 10-20 new members inducted annually. The school supports the first 12 student applications (per year) on the first-come-first-serve basis.
ODE members who are B.S. students majoring in ECON, EIA or GEML are eligible to apply for $1,000 in scholarship if you join two semesters prior to graduation or $500 scholarship if you join one semester prior to graduation, and if you are an active member of the GT Econ Club. The School covers the ODE lifetime membership fee ($40) for up to 12 students (B.S in ECON, EIA, or GEML and M.S. or Ph.D. in ECON) who apply at least one semester prior to graduation.
UNDERGRADUATE juniors or seniors or GRADUATE students of ANY major who:
- Meet eligibility requirements for extracurricular activities as stated in the Georgia Tech Catalog and SGA policies
- Have completed 12 hours of Economics coursework at Georgia Tech and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- SOE supports ODE application for all ECON PhD students
Interested in learning more about GT Econ Club and/or ODE?
Contact Dr. Aselia Urmanbetova, she advises both organizations!