The Economics Club at Georgia Tech provides an active forum for the discussion of ideas related to economics and society outside of the classroom. Students of all majors at Georgia Institute of Technology are invited to be a member of this academic, social, and philanthropic organization––an interest in economics is all that is required!
|Office / Position||Officer / Advisor|
|Executive Vice President and Secretary||Ashwin Mahadevan|
|Vice President of Communications and External Affairs||KeAndre Williams|
|Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chair||Margaret D'amaro|
|Recruitment Committee Chair||Riley Mellinger|
|Social Engagement and Professional Development Committee Chair||Hector J. Pulido Moreno|
|Faculty Advisor||Dr. Aselia Urmanbetova|
Join and Stay Connected!
To officially join the organization, please go to Engage @ Georgia Tech and search for “Economics Club”. You can also find us on LinkedIn Group and LinkedIn Page. Don't miss out on getting to know your fellow ECON Yellow Jackets! The club sponsors guest speakers, museum trips, and other events. Currently, all events are virtual. Active club members are also invited to Atlanta Economics Club events.
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE)
Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world’s largest academic honor societies. The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are:
- the recognition of scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics;
- the establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in economics within and among colleges and universities;
- the publication of its official journal, The American Economist; and
- the sponsoring of panels at professional meetings such as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions.
Currently, the chapter at Georgia Tech has nearly 200 members, with 10-20 new members inducted annually. The school supports the first 12 student applications (per year) on the first-come-first-serve basis.
ODE members who are B.S. students majoring in ECON, EIA or GEML are eligible to apply for $1,000 in scholarship if you join two semesters prior to graduation or $500 scholarship if you join one semester prior to graduation, and if you are an active member of the GT Econ Club. The School covers the ODE lifetime membership fee ($40) for up to 12 students (B.S in ECON, EIA, or GEML and M.S. or Ph.D. in ECON) who apply at least one semester prior to graduation.
Undergraduate juniors or seniors or graduate students of ANY major who:
- Meet eligibility requirements for extracurricular activities as stated in the Georgia Tech Catalog and SGA policies,
- Have completed 12 hours of Economics coursework at Georgia Tech and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Interested in learning more about GT Econ Club and/or ODE?
Contact Dr. Aselia Urmanbetova, she advises both organizations!