Are you a rising Georgia Tech ECON or EIA junior or senior and considering a master's in economics?
Do you need additional skills for an upcoming internship or the job you already landed?
Then our new B.S./M.S. program is a great fit for you!
With the B.S./M.S. program, you can complete your master's degree in just two additional semesters after receiving your B.S. in Economics or Economics and International Affairs. Students enrolled in this program can double count up to 6 credit hours towards both their B.S. and M.S. degrees. Thus, B.S./M.S. students earn their M.S. degree 20% faster resulting in 20% less tuition charged.
- Limited to Georgia Tech students who currently major in Economics (ECON), Economics International Affairs (EIA), or Global Economics and Modern Languages (GEML).
- Students may begin the B.S./M.S. program in either the fall or spring semester.
- Interested students should begin the process before officially applying by requesting a permit to take ECON 6106 in the last fall of their undergraduate program.
- Academic Advising will grant the permit to students with at least a 3.00 GPA in GT undergraduate courses.
- Students approved to take ECON 6106 must take this course in the last fall of their undergraduate program.
- If the student is a fall graduate they must take an additional 3 hours of M.S. coursework along with ECON 6106 (ECON 6140 is recommended).
- If the student is a spring graduate they must take an additional 3 hours of M.S. coursework in the following spring (ECON 6105 is recommended.)
- Performance in the graduate coursework, as well as undergraduate performance, will be considered in the application process.
|Fall Graduates||Spring Graduates|
|Final Fall Semester||ECON 6106, ECON 6140|
Request class permits.
|Final Spring Semester||Request class permits and apply for the M.S. in Economics program.|
Apply for the M.S. in Economics program.
How to Apply
Interested students should first contact Davis Palubeski when registering for the last academic year of their undergraduate program. In the last semester of the undergraduate program, students must start the application process via the standard graduate application form. The deadline to apply for Fall 2023 is May 15.