Are you a rising Georgia Tech ECON or EIA junior or senior and considering a Masters in Economics?
Do you need additional skills for an upcoming internship or the job you already landed?
Then our new B.S./M.S. program is right for you!
With the BS/MS program, you can complete your masters degree in just two additional semesters after receiving your BS in Economics or Economics and International Affairs. Students enrolled in this program earn their MS degree with a 20% discount on tuition and a 27% discount on student fees (based on 2019/2020 tuition and fees)!
- Limited to Georgia Tech students who currently major in Economics (ECON) or Economics and International Affairs (EIA)
- Students do not officially apply until the last semester of their undergraduate program.
- Interested students should begin the process before officially applying by requesting a permit to take ECON 6106 the last fall of their undergraduate program.
- Academic Advising will grant the permit to students with at least a 3.25 GPA in GT undergraduate economics courses.
- Students approved to take ECON 6106 must take this course the last fall of their undergraduate program.
- If the student is a fall graduate they must take an additional 3 hours of MS coursework along with ECON 6106. (ECON 6140 is recommended).
- If the student is a spring graduate they must take an additional 3 hours of MS coursework in the following spring. (ECON 6105 is recommended.)
- To matriculate into the MS program students should apply in their last semester. Performance in the graduate coursework, as well as undergraduate performance, will be considered in the application process.
How to Apply
Interested students should first meet with Dr. Buser when registering for the last fall of their undergraduate program. In the last semester of the undergraduate program, students must start the application process via the standard graduate application form. The deadline to apply is May 15th.