- School of Economics
Parks Dodd is an economist, speaker, and consultant focused on industrial commodity markets. He is the president of Aluminomics, LLC, a market research firm and consultancy focused on the aluminum industry. He was for many years a senior consultant in North America for CRU International, a well-known metals industry forecasting and market research firm based in London. Apart from metals he is a principal of Industry Analytics, LLC, a firm specializing in econometric modeling and applied microeconomic analysis. He is also an adjunct associate professor in the School of Economics at Georgia Tech, where he teaches courses in economics, statistics, and applied econometric forecasting.
He was Director of Strategic Planning and Chief Economist at Alumax, and earlier was a Regional Manager for the F.W. Dodge division of McGraw-Hill, managing a group that produced market analysis and forecasting services for the commercial construction market. Prior to joining Dodge, he was a Managing Consultant with Data Resources, Inc., McGraw-Hill’s economic forecasting and consulting operation. He began his business career in commercial banking in Atlanta with the Trust Company of Georgia. In subsequent positions he was involved in research, forecasting, and planning in the health and education fields.
A native of Rome, Georgia, Parks attended the Darlington School and graduated from Georgia Tech with a BS in Industrial Management. He also holds an M.B.A. and a Ph.D. in Economics from Georgia State University. His professional association memberships included the National Association of Business Economists and the Atlanta Economics Club, for which he was a past president.
- Time Serires Econometrics
- Economic Forecasting
- ECON 2100: Economics and Policy
- ECON 2101: The Global Economy
- ECON 2105: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2106: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 4160: Economic Forecasting
- ECON 6161: Econometric Modeling
- Ph.D., Georgia State University
- M.B.A., Georgia State University
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
- Economic Forecasting
- Time Series Economics
- ECON-2100: Economics and Policy
- ECON-2101: The Global Economy
- ECON-2105: Prin of Macroeconomics
- ECON-2106: Prin of Microeconomics
- ECON-3161: Econometric Analysis
- ECON-4160: Economic Forecasting
- ECON-6161: Econometric Modeling